WinNUT release 0.45.2b download
Ready to install version:WinNutUPSMonV0.45.2b.zip -
Compatible with NUT versions 0.44.x and greater
Source code (Compiles with MS Visual Studio 6.0)
Based on source for NUT release version 0.45.2. Compatable with NUT versions
0.44.x and greater. Has been successfully tested against NUT release 1.0.0 and 1.1.10
- The problem resolving IP addresses in the configuration file still exists.
The IP address will work if a reverse DNS lookup will resolve it's name.
The workaround is to have the machine running the NUT server have a
DNS resolvable name. If
the server does not have a DNS name, this can be achieved by adding an
entry with a name in the c:\windows\hosts (for windows 9x/ME) or the
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (for NT, 2000, and maybe XP) on
the Windows machine running WinNUT. An entry in this file should be
on a line by itself and of the form
where 22.214.171.124 is the ip address of the server the ups runs on and "upsserver" is
the name you want to give that server (and then use this name in the upsmon.conf).
Be sure this name isn't already in use (ie, don't use things like localhost
Bugs fixed & Improvements
- As of the NUT 0.50.0 release the default port has changed to 3493 (from 3305) and this
release reflects that change. If you are running against an older NUT version,
you can either specify that port as part of the ups specification in the upsmon.conf
(ie upsname@host:port) or change the default port in the WinNUT configuration tool.
- Fixed bug that cause IP addresses in system declarations in the upsmon.conf
to not resolve (UPDATE 12/1/2002 - I've gotten reports this bug still exists
in Win2k Advanced server and Win XP. See Known Bugs above)
- Ported over new feature from NUT upsmon branch that helps resolve race conditions when
power is restored soon after ups battery goes critical
- Added new feature that allows shutdown after x seconds of UPS being on battery.
- Added some validation to the Configuration tool